Tuesday 6 April 2010

AW10 Press Days: Part One

So rather excitingly it is that time of year again. We've been given a month to rest and catch up on work after the fashion weeks, and boom its out of the office again to see all the clothes up close and personal – and more importantly to check out the ones that we didn't get to see on the catwalk. The first press day of the season I attended was that of Four Marketing.
With the M by Missoni collection it was great to see the beautiful knitwear brand up close and personal and feel the luxury first hand. If I could be so bold as to make one criticism it would be that the colour palette was a bit dull, although I don’t do pastels so that’s probably why...
I absolutely loved both the premier and second line from Jean Charles De Castelbajac. The fabrics were sleek, the cuts were sophisticated, and the colour palette was fun! I loved the beautifully spohisticated prints juxtaposed with his playful borrowing of famed cartoon characters – genius.
A cool new streetwear brand I came across was Money. At first I thought the name was a bit crass, but when I heard a bit more about the brand and saw the collection I really liked it. Aimed at young people- thus reflected in their rather good price points - I loved that every garment or accessory came with actual money - in the form of single dollar bills - inside, very, very cool.
I loved the smart Tween suiting heaps, and the vintage aviation geat from C.P. Company.
Suprisingly Evisu have toned down their use of their logo within their line - other than their trademark jeans -  with laid back T-shirts and chinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment