Monday 19 April 2010

AW10 Press Days: Part Six

The week before last I visited several more press days including Frank PR, Marc O'Polo and French Connection. As always it was great to pop back to Frank PR (founded by the formidable Lynne Franks) as there office is always very lively with lots going on. I love all of the notice boards and trophy cabinets dotted around, and all the little touches like 'Employee of the Month'. I particularly liked this Lego creation of what looks like Indiana Jones.
As gathered from some of my recent posts Frank PR represent G-Shock/ Baby G and I just had to take a little snap of this new yellow one.... love it!
Another client I loved was Steve Madden whose shoes were absolutely gorgeous, and suprisingly affordable too.
The next stop of the day was just downstairs and was the showroom of Marc O'Polo - great for basics, chunky knits and accessories.
I really liked the shoes above, although I would have liked the black leather to be of a better quality... I loved the wicker chairs dotted around... very comfortable. Still undecided on whether the fur was real.
The last stop of the day was French Connection, whose press day I was quite looking forward to, as they're always reliable for a few great standout pieces that sell like hot cakes each season - like last season's winter navy blue military duffle coat. I think my favourite piece was this body-con navy blue sress, which I love, love, LOVED... really liked the fact that it had long sleeves too... think this might well be one to purchase towards the end of the year.
I loved lots of the basics as they were really good quality that beat other high street shops hands down.
Even though its not my sort of thing at all, I really loved the detailing on this jacket and thought it really stood out, especially when I saw it on a member of the French Connection team - very pretty indeed!
I loved the canvas travelbag, and also really enjoyed the way that the various collections were displayed throughout the showspace. I really liked the first photo (below) which depicts the Great Plains collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment