Saturday 8 May 2010

A Single Man


On Tuesday of this week I attended my favourite cinema in the whole world - the Prince Charles Cinema -and saw Tom Ford's directorial debut, A Single Man. Like many others around the world who have seen it, I'm in total agreement that Colin Firth wholly deserved his leading actor BAFTA.
I think that Nicholas Hoult also did a cracking job and feel that he has proved himself to be a breakthrough star of the big screen and will have a great career ahead of him. I just think its great how Skins has lead to such great things for both him and Dev Patel, propelling them into Hollywood careers from virtual unknowns (internationally at least).  
What I loved most was Ford's impassioned adaptation of Christopher Isherwood's novel. The casting was perfect and the story was portrayed in such a tender manner and I genuinely didn't want it to end. I'm not going to run through or even spoil the plot as by now there are thousands of reviews out there. I just wanted to simply say how much I enjoyed it!
Images throughout courtesy of Allmoviephoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment