Monday 22 November 2010

SS11 Press Days: Jaeger

One of my favourite press days of the season so far is that of Jaeger, who I genuinely feel are getting better and better with each season, deftly balancing their need to keep their stalwart customer base, whilst attracting a new generation of consumers. As soon as I entered the showroom space up on the second floor I spied Jaeger Boutique commissioned illustrations by one of my all-time favourite illustrators, Julie Verhoeven (pictured below). 
With a great range of slightly preppy, playful separates and gorgeous dresses I have many favourite pieces, including the hot pink scalloped edge skirt (below, right).
On the mainline Jaeger London side of things I love all of the beige, which is something I never thought I'd say, as for me its one of the dullest colours around, but as I'm getting older the more I'm understanding its chic properties. I particularly like the loose knit sweater top and navy asymmetric dress (below, right). With sophisticated cuts, sleek digital prints, crochet dresses noless and an array of luxe fabrics, this collection is a winner, so is a good place to invest next SS.
I also loved the strong tailoring present across the evening jackets (below, right and above x2).
Menswear was chic, classic and pretty much exactly what I expected, in the best possible way.

No comments:

Post a Comment