Monday 15 November 2010

SS11 Press Days: Snow PR

Last week I also stopped by the Snow PR showroom for the inaugural time. With a great client list (highlights of which below) I was keen to check out their best brands in person. The first works I spotted were by  fashion designer and artist Zakee Shariff, whom I have written about previously. As a massive fan I loved looking at her newest prints and accessories in a plethora of bright colours - I particularly like the skull print. 
Another designer whom I spotted was that of On|Off founder/ director Lee Lapthorne who launched his eponymous range of scarves and hoods two seasons back. This time round the colour palette is light and crisp with beautiful digital prints in cool colours and silks.
A firm favourite is PPQ, who in my opinion didn't produce their strongest collection to date, however their SS11 offering was filled with lots of cute cocktail dresses (such as my favourite pictured right). Perfect for edgy and youthful sophistication.
A treat on the catwalk and a treat in the showroom is how I view the work of Pam Hogg. I absolutely love her space and 80's vibe aesthetic (above) and love how for SS11 its been mixed in with thick and heavy linens (below), with an intriguing straight-jacket theme reminiscent of a SS09 Converse trainer designed by Ozzy Osbourne.
 Lastly I spied the work of Horace, above and below, whose painterly, distressed and slightly OTT garments are brilliant - definitely a brand now firmly on my wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment