Friday 3 December 2010

SS11 Press Days: Hobbs

A brand I cannot gush about enough is Hobbs, whose NW3 range I am particularly obsessed with and have been for the past three seasons. A couple of Wednesdays ago I was running really late so only had about ten minutes to look at the new collection before work, which thankfully proved to be just enough time. Once again Hobbs have triumphed on all counts creating three stunning ranges, solidifying them as one of my favourite high-street brands of 2010. From the mainline collection (above) I love the late '60s/ early '70s Jackie O vibe coming through in the hourglass silhouettes, oversized sunglasses and monochrome chic (which also slightly reminds me of Grace Kelly). Simple elegance at its best. In terms of accessories wedge heels and structured handbags are de rigueur, with more playful illustrations and colours than I've seen previously.
As always, Hobbs Limited Edition for SS11 is beautifully tailored, with an array of rich colours and textures. I particularly like the orange military-style silk dress (below, centre, right) and the monochrome ruffle detail shift (pictured below, far right).
For NW3 -named after the north London postcode - it was business as usual. I am in love with the busy patterns and rich pastel shades and really like the geometric print dress (below, right). I also like how the collection has been presented, with key outfits displayed separately in front of backdrops of the corresponding print. It was a really nice touch, but served to get me thinking about the endless pattern clash possibilities.
Love the cute navy blouse with ribbon waist tie detail (below, left) and can't wait to try on the autumnal looking printed silk maxi (below, right).
Whilst I love the dresses in the images below, even more do I love the yellow velvet futon. I need to track one down...
Lots of mid-low heels were teamed with the immaculately styled mannequins. I particularly like the suede ballet pumps (below, left) and I love the structured lime mock-croc handbag (pictured centre).

No comments:

Post a Comment