Thursday 27 January 2011

Sneak peek: Desigual and Christian Lacroix

Image courtesy of Surgery PR
A few weeks ago rumours emerged that Spanish streetwear brand Desigual were teaming up with Christian Lacroix to collaborate on 30 garments for their AW11 collection which I was sceptical of – until the catwalk images circulated last week proved it. In what looks set to be an ongoing partnership, Desigual’s aim is to ‘add a bit of fresh air to the brand’, blending Couturier Lacroix’s unique aesthetic with the urban and casual stance the brand are better known for.

Speaking about Desigual, Lacroix said: “I was awestruck by the first girl dressed by Desigual that I saw in Paris. As I watched her, I could recognise in her a member of my own tribe. It was an explosion of colors and patchwork under the elegant, discreet and always monotonous French sky. It was fantastic, truly love at first sight, a breath of fresh air, all multicoloured, scorching, revitalizing, radiating Mediterranean colours and flavours and creeping into this global and colourless magma inhabited by zombies and clones.”

No comments:

Post a Comment