Monday 7 March 2011

LFW Diary AW11: Louise Gray

Always one to make me swoon with excitement due to her exuberant use of colour, Louise Gray is a woman who knows exactly what she likes – and incidentally what I like too! Fun, irreverent and always relevant, Gray’s work always reminds me of the best part of my primary school art and crafts class, where on the rare occasion we got to play with fabric and paper I much enjoyed creating a mulch of texture, half papier-mâché, half disaster.
Aptly described by a member of the fashion press as ‘a riot of graphic colour’, Gray’s AW11 offering played with tartan fabrics, polka-dots and layers - brought to life in three-dimensional brilliance - partly inspired by the plaids and tartans of Gray’s hometown in North-East Scotland.
Favourite garments included the pixelated prints on dresses and what I’m from here on going to refer to as the ‘jelly-wellies’ – inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment