Sunday 12 June 2011

The salt of the Earth; hairdressing at its best

On Thursday I was invited to attend a bloggers evening at Earth Hairdressing salon located behind Oxford Street. A stone’s throw from the main shopping drag, Earth is tucked just around the corner from Topshop.

Greeted by a vast spread of gorgeous sushi, hand and head massages, threading and facials from luxurious organic brand Meltiva, there were plenty of activities to indulge in and I was made to feel very welcome.

A concept hair salon founded in Japan, with 21 years of experience, 210 salons and 3,000 employees, Chairman Toshiharu Kokubun knows just how to pamper a variety of clientele. With cafes, dog parlours, a nightclub and hair salons, it's no surprise that Earth are leaders in the Japanese hair industry.

What impressed me most about the East Castle Street salon was its vastness, with four floors, of treatment rooms and a plethora of hair stylists able to recreate every style imaginable. With a VIP room and free Wi-Fi thrown in for good measure, I’d recommend Earth to anyone looking for a day of pampering.

In terms of Earth’s hair expertise, initially I was hesitant as I ignorantly presumed they wouldn’t cater to my mixed race hair, but I was delighted to find two Afro-Caribbean hair stylists on hand giving expert consultations. I was thoroughly impressed with my personal consultation which discussed every aspect of my hair care from the shampoos and styling products I use to how much heat exposure my hair gets and how regularly. I was recommended to use a great range of products by Mizani (named after the Swahili word for ‘balance’), a division of L’Oréal. I’m yet to try them out, but I’ll keep you posted on the results.
Earth Hairdressing, 37 East Castle Street, London, W1.

No comments:

Post a Comment